Condenser vocal microphone
Because of its high precision and attention to detail and its natural vocal reproduction Beta 87 is the first choice of artists and sound engineers around the world. Under the name Beta 87C, the classic is now also available with cardioid characteristics.
The Beta 87C is a continuous-polarization condenser microphone with a linear transmission range designed specifically for the needs of professional artists with in-ear monitoring systems such as Shure PSM®.
The uniform cardioid characteristic across the entire transmission range effectively avoids unwanted ambient noise, which causes irritation in the monitor mix, especially among users of in-ear monitoring systems. The result is studio-quality sound.
- Linear transmission range with slight presence increase
- Uniform cardioid characteristic over the entire transmission range for isolation of the signal source and minimal off-axis tone discoloration
- Bass reduction compensates for near-talk effect
- Built-in, three-layer windscreen minimizes pop sounds and breath sounds
- Operation with phantom power
- Transmission range: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- No-load sensitivity: -54 dBV / Pa (2 mV)
- Maximum sound pressure (at 1 kHz, 1 k + load, 0.25% total harmonic distortion): 139 dB SPL
- Self-noise (equivalent sound pressure): 22 dB (A)
- Power supply: 11 to 52V
- Current consumption: max. 1.2 mA
- Dimensions (L x Ø): 192 x 51 mm
- Weight: 207g
- incl. clamp and bag